Northern California Workers’ compensation fraud is becoming a major issue for employers and impacting costs for everyone. Experts estimate that workers’ comp fraud costs billions of dollars every year. The national crime bureau estimates that 10% of workers’ comp claims are fraudulent. Placerville Workers compensation insurance is available for any size and type of business. As you may have seen, it can be difficult to qualify, so it is best to work with an experienced broker/agent to cut through the red tap
Workers Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation is an important part of your business insurance program. It is required by state law that your business has workers’ compensation insurance.
Employees — Workers’ compensation provides injured employees with medical treatment and time loss in the event of a serious injury.
Employers — Workers’ compensation provides employers with the security that insurance will be there to help treat and restore injured workers.
The Top Types Of Workers’ Comp Fraud
- Making a false claim. This is where the injury never actually occurred.
- Working another job while collecting work comp benefits. Some individuals may be on workers’ comp and have a second job.
- The exaggerated claim. An injured worker may have a legal claim but exaggerates the severity in order to collect more money.
What Can Employers Do To Reduce Workers’ Comp Fraud?
- Investigate every claim.
- Establish procedures for reporting accidents.
- Educate your employees about workers’ compensation.
- Offer a return to work program.
- Stay in contact with employees for the duration of the time off.
- Maintain a safety program with active employee involvement.
- Have a designated workers’ compensation medical provider.
At Vaught Wright & Bond, our Personal Insurance specialists work with you to tailor an insurance program to protect your family, home, auto, and other valuable possessions at the most reasonable costs our carriers can provide.